Monday, February 6, 2012

I'M GOING NATURAL!!

So i've been debating back and forth about if I should get another relaxer or go natural. I've decided that want to go natural!! I've been telaxing my hair for quite some time now so I said what the heck I think i'm just going to cut out getting a relaxer all together and go natural. My only thing is I don't want to do the BIG CHOP and cut off all my hair :( So I decided i'm going to transition. Which means that I will not be cutting off all my hair but, growing it out and cutting off about 1 to 2 inches of my relax ends every couple months. I will be doing this until my natural hair grows out to a length that I feel comfortable with. I also feel that transitioning will give me the option that just in case I feel like I cant do it anymore I wont be angry that I cut off all my hair.  The reason I  have decided to go natural is because I feel like the chemicals in the relaxer are starting to take a toll on my hair. It feels as if my hair is getting thinner and thinner and I don't want to be 40 one day and wake up one morning and be bald or just have a few strings of hair on my head. I want to have my natural hair texture back and have the versatility of having it curly or straight if I want without chemicals. Now I'll tell you this I love straight hair!! so I will be using heat on my hair to straighten it but I'm making sure to use good heat protectors. I attached a photo below of the last time I took a picture of my hair length which was November 24th. Due to my lack of taking caring for it and most likely has broken off a bit now. But I plan on probably going to the hair dresser next week and getting a treatment and hopefully getting a good even cut because my ends are so damaged though!! 


5 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention you're sister who inspired you because she's been going natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, go for it... You got my full support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is beautiful! I'm sure you'll love the natural texture of your hair.

    ReplyDelete